Volunteers are crucial to the Women's Cancer Foundation. Our volunteers come from all walks of life but all share the same goal – to assist however they can in the fight against ovarian cancer.
There are a many ways volunteers can support us; whether it be at our various fundraising events, supplying in kind help with graphic design, printing etc or helping out around the office. From cheering people on at a race to helping promote an event, there are many ways to get involved.
Want to volunteer at one of our events?
- We Can Walk it Out – February
- Breed for Speed/Girls Night Out – March
- A Day in the Garden - November 22nd
- Movie Night – June/July
Who can volunteer at an event?
Anyone over the age of 18 can volunteer. You don't need any previous experience and there are lots of volunteer roles to choose from. All you need to do is give a small portion of your time to help us turn the tide on ovarian cancer.
What can I do?
Volunteering at an event:
From taking registrations, cheering on participants and course marshalling, to selling merchandise and taking donations … there's something for everyone!
- Registration Team Volunteer - Assist with participant and spectator registrations and enquiries on the day.
- Event Logistics Volunteer – Support the Start/Finish line activities, working within a team to ensure the smooth running of the day.
- Course Marshall Volunteer – Cover fixed marshalling points along the track/course, inspiring, cheering and motivating participants through their walk/run.
- Cheer Champion Volunteer – Engage with participants and their friends/family, cheer along participants and help to create a welcoming, friendly experience for all to enjoy.
- Merchandise Sales Volunteer – Help the Foundation maximise sales across a range of WCF merchandise available to buy at each event.
Why volunteer at an event?
You’ll become part of a dedicated events team, have fun and mingle with people from your own community ... and most importantly you'll know you're helping to save women's lives.
Help organise an event:
Planning and organising an event can be a challenging but rewarding experience.
There are many ways you can get involved. You could help organise your own fundraising event (and we can help you set up your very own event page free of charge). Or if you feel you have a strong contact list and can contribute sponsors, participants etc, talk to us about joining one of our coterie groups and help organise fundraising events for the Foundation.
The Women’s Cancer Foundation does everything we can to keep overheads down to a minimum in the office, to ensure most of our funds go directly to research.
We are a small team of only 2 full-time staff, therefore we would love you to come in and help out when you can; whether it be researching potential partners or merchandise, typing correspondence, graphic design work or helping to sort the storeroom, we appreciate any time you can give to help out.
Email email@example.com or contact us on (03) 9867 3515